JOIN the New Contruction Group Now !!

• JOIN the New Contruction Group Now !!

• Jay St Hilaire

Organizer
    January 7, 2020 at 11:45 pm

Hey Den Members !! EXCITED to start this new group and talk about New Construction .I LOVE to build and have remodeled hundreds of homes .lets get this topic CRANKIN !! i have built many Homes since i was 21 and back then started to do everything in the construction field.when i say everything i mean from start to finish on a new home.SOOOO bring the questions and what i dont know i will for sure get you the answers !! I would like to teach you the beginning to end steps to building a home from nothing.as we develop the den i am hoping to get videos in here of my next new build so you can get an idea of the intricate ideas and specific thought process and steps to be able to maybe take on a project like this.REMEMBER you dont Have to know it all to be able to implement and take action.You just have to know WHO KNOWS IT and have them available when you need them and that is what the Den is !!!! so lets get ROCKIN !!

• Carol Stinson

January 10, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Great group idea! I am not familiar with new construction. I am looking forward to learning with everyone else here in the Dean.😉

• Jay St Hilaire

Organizer
      January 14, 2020 at 5:22 pm

I know there are a few others that would have questions on new builds or remodels and i am EXCITED to get this group involved and active.Bring on the curiousity and lets someone get into this strategy !! This is one strategy i use every 2 years .I buy vacant land and begin to develop it so that i can build my next new house to move into.I then sell the one i am living in and in two yrs do it all over again.WHY 2years ?? because the capitol gains tax . If i invest the profit into the next home then the gains are NOT taxed !!

• Jay St Hilaire

Organizer
    January 19, 2020 at 9:30 pm

who would like some videos on the project i am starting on a new build ? Here is my first video on getting ready to start clearing the land we are going to build on.

** #1 first you will need to DECIDE🙋‍♀️  on where you will be building your next project on

*call sellers and negotiate 🗣 to buy land, settle on a price, have your or their attorney draw up contract-purchase and sale agreement….. I believe carol has one here (        )

*the attorney or title company will do all searches and documents and recordings.When land is legally your then you can start improving or clearing property.I sometimes communicate with the seller and negotiate the opportunity to get started BEFORE all the paperwork is done once i her from my title company that all searches came up clear.This is called a “first owner search” .I do this so i can get a jump start on my project as sometimes a sellers attorney is slow.I DO NOT RECOMMEND this for you unless you become a professional.As of this instance i do not have final closing papers but am beginning to clear land  .The seller trusts me and i would only be out my labor if anything drastic happens. I will insert a video link HERE    https://youtu.be/spJ7behYlgc

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/spJ7behYlgc” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

shows the land i am purchasing or have already purchased depending on when you are reading this 🙂 and the sequence i use to start and follow the process i have created.🤳🤳

• Jay St Hilaire

Organizer
    January 19, 2020 at 9:57 pm

The next step we take is calling our local town highway supervisor to schedule an install on a culvert pipe for the ditch to carry water drainage if it is necessary at your location.In some cases you or they will have to call 1-800 DIG safe to have the location marked.Now i always ASK the supervisor where he gets his culverts because i make it a habit to find the best deals !! I checked 4 different places and asked him also and i found a place where i saved $125 OFF the price where he suggested. This is vital in keeping your costs down and we have made cutting material costs so much that it is a BUILT IN PROFIT . we have a SUPER SECRET way of saving (in some cases ) tens of thousands of $$ when it comes to purchasing material for all our projects And it is just so simple. I took some drone footage of overhead the property BEFORE we started so be sure to do this if you have access to one as it makes great before and after pics when you get ready to sell .People love this and it is a great selling point.It shows the Transformation and actually is a BOOST to us as the builder to really see what we have accomplished !!        <iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/33X183dz-zY” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>   https://youtu.be/33X183dz-zY

beginning stages of  tree cutting and culvert pipe install.

• Brook

January 21, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Hi Jay Just watched the first u tube video of the 15-acre project. 1st of all congratulation on your grandchild. Anxious to watch the start to finish – Very interesting.

Do you have experience with remodels and the costs associated with them?

• Jay St Hilaire

Organizer
    January 21, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Hey brook ,Thank you !! hope you also enjoy this group.Yes i have years of experience of remodeling. i was a General Contractor for decades !! keep an eye out for more videos and sequence of my project.

• Jay St Hilaire

Organizer
    January 21, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Here is the Next video showing just One day of cutting and trees to clear out main entrance / driveway and digging stumps. In my case i like to clear 15-20′ wide for the driveway depending on if you need to have two cars in it at the same time.When my wife had a daycare business at another house we built. We made the driveway wide enough for people to come in and out the same time .Otherwise one car would have to wait till one left before driving up to the house.When you have 9-10 parents coming to get those kids then you don’t want them waiting !! learned that lesson 🙂 ok so as we cut the trees ,Remember to leave a foot or two of the stump left up so the excavator can have something to grab onto to PULL the stump up.This is critical in saving wear and tear on the machinery.the BRANCHES are supposed to be picked up with the thumb of the excavator and piled with the BUTTS all in one direction so IF and WHEN you may want to put them in a chipper it is WAYYYY easier to handle and makes a smooth job.As we cut the trees down and cut the branches off and move the branches away to one side of the driveway we then cut the logs into log lengths to pile on the OPPOSITE side so they will not be tangled in the branches and we can GRAB them with the thumb to load and haul away.The stumps will go on branches side BUT in front because we will load and haul them before we chip. actually HERE: is the next video on tree cutting and stump pull.             https://youtu.be/mPVMNH7RR5Y

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/mPVMNH7RR5Y” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Jay St Hilaire

Organizer
    February 26, 2020 at 9:56 pm

not much going on at the Project due to the weather and going on a little vacation !! when i proceed i will document and share !! Dont be afraid to ask questions.I am here to help !!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to toolbar